Thursday, October 11, 2012

Color Club Halo Hues Swatches

The Color Club Halo Hues collection consists of 6 holographic hues that
"Radiate from Within with Colors so Heavenly."

Photo credit: Color Club - http://www.shopcolorclub.com


Harp On It is a silver holo.  Very holographic and vibrant.  Required 2 coats 

 

 Cherubic is a beige holo.  Not quite a nude holo, like Layla Coral Glam or Nfu Oh 62.
This is definitely leaning more tan.

 Halo-graphic is a pink holo.  At first I thought it would be the closest dupe to Nfu Oh 64, but now I am not so sure.  In some lighting it looks like a like a light/medium pink holo and in other lighting it looks magenta.  I wore this all day today and only had minor tip wear.
This was 2 coats, but I could have gotten away with one.






Cloud Nine appears to be more of a lighter, lilac-toned holo in the bottle, but on my nail it looked magenta-like in some lights.  I will be wearing this one tomorrow so I can see what it looks like in daylight.  VERY holographic.  It may be the most holographic in the collection.




Blue Heaven is a light blue holo.  I apologize for the hideous photo.  I had a very hard time photographing this!  It is more blue than this in real life.  Think Layla Mermaid Spell blue. Very pretty and very holographic. This is 3 coats.  It is on the sheer side at 2 coats, so I did one extra coat.





Angel Kiss is a blue-toned green holo.  This seems to be the least holographic in the collection, but is kind of unique.  I am not sure if I have anything quite this color in my stash.  This was also on the sheer side and required 3 coats to be opaque.






Overall, these have a great formula that glide smoothly onto the nail.  Occasionally I had a bit of a "polish glob" flow down the brush, but I had that same issue with their previous holos.  The best way to describe these would be somewhere between a strong linear holo and a scattered holo - not quite one and not quite the other.  Think along the lines of the Ludurana holos.  Still super holo, but without the cons of chipping and needing a special base coat.  They do not require an aqua base and after wearing Halo-graphic now for 12 hours, I don't have any chips!


Pros
Great formula

Most are opaque in 1-2 coats
No aqua base needed

Top Coat doesn't dull holo

Cons
Colors aren't very original.
Not as holographic as expected.


Price for 5ml/0.5 fl.oz.
$10 through Color Club's website
$8 through 8ty8beauty




3 comments:

  1. Awesome swatches! Thank you for the comparisons- very helpful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to get my hands on all of these! They are all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete